Friday, November 30, 2007

Settling in...

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great emails. If it wasn’t for the mundane details from your lives, I wouldn’t know how to keep myself connected to life back home–everything from having dinner with friends to taking a nap during a rainy day.
It’s nice to know that I finally have a permanent site, in which I will not only live for the next two years, but create, and hopefully, carry out my own small business projects with the weaving cooperative and small associations nearby. The town is situated halfway between Marrakech and Ouarzazate in the high Atlas Mountains with mud-homes built into the hillsides.
My quasi-sitemate, Amy, lives in a town about 10km away and about 5 dirhams a cab ride away. I don’t know what we would do if we didn’t have each other for comfort. I’m sitting across from her right now writing this now! Since we’ve been allotted two days a week to travel for internet and tutoring, we’ve designated today as one of our days for errands and internet.